Sunday, August 2, 2009

Something's Bugging Me

OK, I need to call upon the collected tribal knowledge of my fellow men and women. From time to time we get these bizarre little bugs on the exterior walls of our house. See the picture below. They seem to be larva or something immature - they have no discernible legs and I can't tell the front from the back. They are about half to 2/3's the size of a penny in length and kind of flat, like a little piece of orzo pasta. They're pretty mellow; I never see them move - they certainly don't writhe around or anything. In their most exuberant moments, if you leave them undisturbed long enough, they will stick out a little dark something-or-other from one end. I can't tell if it's a tongue or foot or what. Does anyone know what these things are, and do I need call in an exterminator, or perhaps someone in a spacesuit from the Center for Disease Control?

If you think I might perhaps be dealing with a carrier for a new form of bubonic plague, I do ask a small favor: please let me know this in private so that Stacy won't freak, douse our house with kerosene and set it alight in her hysteria. Much obliged.

1 comment:

Brittany Martin said...

Troy thinks they are from the planet Zimnar and are dropped on small, yellow houses. He says they're called swine fluitidium.