Monday, February 1, 2010

DC Deep Freeze

I just got back from a week-long business trip to D.C. Everything started out OK, but the last day I was there (Saturday), we got pounded with 6" to 8" of snow. I haven't seen that much fluffy white stuff since L and N got a-hold of a Styrofoam cooler and deconstructed it! It was pretty impressive, but (shocker here) - pretty cold. It was down to 18ºF that morning.









It all happened the day before I was supposed to fly home and I'm really grateful they had an over-night to get the roads and airports cleared. A number of west-bound flights got cancelled on Saturday night, but by Sunday morning things were going out again. My 7:15 flight went really smoothly - only maybe 50 people on the whole flight and I was home by 10:00AM California time.

The kids were gratifyingly stoked to see me. According to Stacy, L insisted on buying me a welcome home present and the only thing that was acceptable to her was a flower-laden Happy Birthday balloon. She considered and rejected Stacy's input that there might be better options two and a half months before my birthday. And so, my present:

1 comment:

Brittany Martin said...

The flowers are a nice touch too!