Saturday, August 7, 2010

Recreational Bugs



N has a new game he's all excited about.  You play a bug and jump from leaf to leaf performing silly tasks and avoiding nasty spiders.  Your goal is to attain bug mastery and receive the coveted "Super Bug Scout" badge.

 N feels free to modify the rules on a situational basis.  If you are a butterfly, for example, you can fly right over the sticky spider's web.  If you are the spider itself, you are likewise immune.

I was treated to a game while Mommy was out doing some errands. I got to be the butterfly while N was the common housefly. As we went along N was directed to put his left thumb on a brown spider, and find three bees and then buzz three times. On one of my turns I was requested to tell a story about one of the bugs on the board. I picked the millipede.

Once upon a time there was a small millipede.  He got up one fine summer morning and asked his Mommy if he could go out and play.  "Certainly," said Mommy Millipede.  "Just be sure to put your shoes on first."

The little millipede hurried back to his room and began putting on his shoes.  Can you imagine how long that took?!?  When he was all finished he came back out to his Mommy.

"Mommy, I've put my shoes on.  Can I go out and play now?" he said.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry," said his mother.  "But its dark out now.  It's time to go to bed."

No comments: