Saturday, December 10, 2011

Aren't They Charmin?

I finished this painting of my niece and nephew a couple of months ago, but since it was slated to be a Christmas present, I had to keep it under wraps (so to speak).  But Fed Ex has done its thing and my sister got it today so I can post it now.


My sister Sue and her husband Victor are super hardcore Auburn alum, and while this painting will make perfect sense to the War Eagles in their inner circle, it probably bears a little explanation to those not well-versed in Auburn lore.  After every Auburn victory the crowd spills out of Tiger stadium to Toomer's Corner in downtown Auburn where the victors (and sues) celebrate by launching a few tons of toilet paper into the trees.  A cool tradition, so long as you're not employed as a city maintenance worker.


My niece A (10) and nephew G (8) are as rabid fans as their folks and have done their own fair share of tree bedecking.



No comments: