Monday, January 2, 2012

In Living (Room) Color

I didn't get a whole heck of a lot done over the Christmas break, but I did wrap up a project started over the Thanksgiving break - repainting the living room. When we had our kitchen remodeled our interior designer friend had recommended a better color scheme. She also picked out a living room color to match the new kitchen, since the existing technicolor yellow up against the kitchen cream could potentially induce a photosensitive seizure in the artistically sensitive viewer. The new color is a tannish, greenish off-white, creamy color that my Dad would inevitably describe as "calf sh*t yellow."

The kitchen got painted by our contractor, but the living room was up to us. I started over the Thanksgiving holiday with the priming, getting a lot of help from my friends - OK, a little help from my kid. L actually turned out to be much more careful and meticulous than her usual level of kinetispacial awareness allows. I didn't trust her with the cut in, but she did a tolerable job with a roller and a wide swath of wall.




Priming underway!

Priming complete!

Cut-in!

Well along!

The bulk was done before I had to go back to work after Thanksgiving, but there were a few touch ups and oops-es that required a little yuletide labor.  But the New Year sees a completed living room paint job!

Ta Da!!!

No comments: