Friday, December 28, 2012

New Still Life

I didn't paint much this last year. In fact last week I wrapped up the only two paintings I worked on all year. I think it was a combination of a really busy year at work that kept me from going to class as often as I wanted, and just a natural downturn in my enthusiasm. I think, having finished some long-lingering work I'll be more motivated to take up some new stuff this spring when classes resume again.

This one is an original for a picture I took of some roses Stacy cut and brought in from the front yard. I liked the texture and the coziness of corner of our newly remodeled kitchen, so I decided to paint it.


The second was a portrait, but I gave it way before I had a chance to get a final picture. I'll have to "borrow" it again and get my final shot.

No comments: