Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sometimes the Light Is Your Friend

Catching up on a post I've been meaning to get to for months now. We spent Thanksgiving last year at Stacy's parents house in Agua Dulce. We got there well before the festivities, so Stacy and the kids and I took a hike in Vasquez Rocks State Park which is literally bordering their property. We caught it in that sweet-spot time of day when the sun is still bright, but lowering. The landscape, which is always stunning, was transfigured; everything turned golden and glistened with highlights.

 No real story to report. Just pictures. A LOT of pictures...






















































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everytime I look at L's pictures I see a Vermeer. With N, more Frans Hals "Jolly Topper" :)

Caroline

Kelly said...

Beautiful pictures! I have wonderful memories of playing on these rocks as a kid! Can't wait until Emily's self-preservation instincts kick in and then my kids can enjoy the rocks too!