Sunday, May 12, 2013

Formally Frustrating

I've always wanted to try my hand at a formal portrait. A year or two ago my pastor graciously agreed to sit for a source picture, so I got my big chance.



I've got a ways to go yet, but in general I'm pleased with how it came out. The hardest part of it all has been photographing the final picture. I actually finished this several months ago, but haven't been able to get a decent photo till now. It is such a dark painting that it either picks up a terrible glare, or washes out when I try to photograph it. This one was taken with a low-light, long-exposure technique someone on-line suggested.  The glare and wash-out were much improved, but it was really hard to get a good crisp focus.

Whatever. When I'm in the Louvre people with much better photography skills will take care of all of that...  :)

No comments: