Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Biblical Mandate for Delayed Gratification

I took the family out to lunch today and while Stacy and L were off in the restroom N and I had a strange, though not atypical, conversation:


N:  Daddy, you know how a lot of people eat their favorite thing first?

Me:  Ummm, I guess.

N:  Most people do, but I don't. I wait and eat my favorite thing last. You know why?

Me:  No, why?

N:  Because then you get to save it longer.

Me:  Oh, OK, well,... good!  [Not exactly sure if this was something worth congratulating him on, but figured, why not.]

N:  People haven't done that in a long time. In 2000 years!

Me:  [confused] Oh, really?

N:  Yes! They didn't save good things back then. They ate them right away!

Me:  ?

N:  Back then Jesus turned water into wine and everyone said he saved the best for last, and they were all surprised!

Me:  Hmmmm.



No comments: