Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Rime of the Ancient Parenter

Last week I issued L a challenge. I left this note on her bed when she wasn't looking.



A short while later I saw her darting through the house, avoiding my eyes, but all a glow with a smirk on her face.  I went in to my bedroom and found my note on my pillow.  "Deal!" was hastily written across the bottom.  Just about every night since then I've found poems of varying length left for me on my bed.  N, captivated by the excitement, has even left me a few.  



See Me Mimi

To Mimi
A poem by L

I don't have much time to
ryme, but I can try. See me Mimi.
I can try, only if you do not cry.
See me Mimi here or there you
can see me Anywere! The End


Mom and Dad

My Mom is good my Dad is
bad. He is mean. He bites!
Even mice are scared of him!
When we have Ice drinks He takes
them away. He is BAD! My
mom is good. She is great!
She met me on a date!
My mom is Good. My Dad is
bad!

Dear Dad,
You're not bad, just
bad and dad ryme.
My mom is good. My Dad is good to!

I love you (Get it?)
L


The Flag

What's the flag's name.
I guss it needs
a name tag. I love
this flag. Whats
the date? Its
the 8th I cant
wait.


Here's one from N:

Rime Time

To mom and Dad

It is time to rime with crime. I want a lime.
It is time to rime with sit. He bit me and Hit me
He ust [used] a cit [kit] to nit [knit] a mit [mitt]
It is time to rime with dog look a log in the fog with a hog that has a nog in the fog



No comments: