Friday, June 3, 2011

Bluebells and Greenbacks

Last year L's school had a fund raiser event and I donated a custom oil painting for their silent auction - I would paint the winning bidder an oil painting of anything they wanted.  The painting ended up bringing in $100 and the winner ended up being the parents of one of Stacy's piano students (small world).  It took them a couple months to decide what they wanted me to paint, but eventually they found a subject and I slaved away for another couple of months and wrapped it up this week!



Here's the original source picture.




I offered another custom oil painting for this year's auction and this time it went for $125.  The winners haven't contacted me yet, so the future subject is still a big mystery.  With my luck the winners will probably want a black velvet Elvis.

No comments: