Thursday, March 27, 2014

Oh, For Mimi's Sake

"Your mother's rather mad at you."  This was my greeting from Stacy when I got home this evening.

"Why is Mom upset with me?" I asked. "OK, we didn't call last weekend, but that was 'cause...  I dunno.  OK.  She's probably mad at me."  I mentally gave in before a single shot was fired.  I don't win these kinds of battles.

"She's feeling neglected," Stacy said.

"Really?" I said.  Wow.  It only takes missing the phone call one week...

"It's the blog.  You know she checks it every day."

"Oh," I said, the problem shifting now into perspective.

"It has been over three months now..."

"I know, I know," I attempted, "But it's gotten so hard.  The kids have gotten older, there are not as many cutesy stories.  She doesn't want to read about how I want to strangle them so much more these days."

"You don't want to strangle them...," said Stacy ( but there was an overtone in her voice that said "But I know I sure do.")  "...and Mimi still loves to read them.  They they don't have to be grand or important - they are important to her.  She was lamenting to L on the phone this morning."

"Hmmmph!" I said decisively and changed the subject.

Later after dinner as I was relaxing on the net, the kids marched out of their bedrooms with a smirk on their faces that clearly indicated they'd concocted something.  "Daddy, we have a performance for you!" they sang.  Then they whipped out signs from nowhere and started marching around in circles chanting "We want a boycott!  We want a boycott."

"What are you boycotting?" I asked.  They flashed me their signs.  The blog.


 


"We want the blog back...  for Mimi's sake!" they said.

"I'm not to sure you understand exactly what a boycott is," I started to say, but decided this might not be the best time for a vocabulary lesson.  What I did say was, "But..."

Then Stacy rounded her steely glare at me and I shrunk back into my chair as the picketers recommenced their marchline.

"We want a boycott!  We want a boycott!..."

"OK," I said. "But only for Mimi's sake..."

1 comment:

Mimi said...

LOL....I am going to strangle you!
Not really...loved it! I do miss the blog though.It always brightens my day to hear from you and Stacy and the Rug Rats. Love you all...Mimi