Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Finished Still Life

I finished the still-life I'd been working on over the summer and fall. I'm pretty pleased with it. I've been taking oil painting classes since 2003 and I've really grown to love it. It is so different from what I do every day at work that it becomes the perfect decompression chamber. I don't have much free time, so I almost never paint at home anymore. (Too many sticky-fingered art critics running around.) I really only paint during the three-hour class I take on Wednesday nights.
Stacy has been very kind to give me my night out, so in exchange I wrestle the kids on Mondays so she can take a scrapbooking class. I think we're both a little saner for the time off.

I'm working now on a portrait of Stacy and our son "N". It's got another couple of weeks to go, but classes are on hiatus until the beginning of the year. Maybe I'll brave all my resident mini-Jackson Pollocks and do some work on it over the break.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve,
I love the new blog and your still life is amazing! I can't wait to see the painting of Stacy and Nate when you are done. See ya soon on Christmas! Kelly

EvB said...

Steve,
I'm still waiting to hear how I can purchase one of your amazing oils. You really are very talented!
Liz