Friday, December 28, 2007

Literus Mortus


I finished reading And Then There Were None to Stacy last night. Good book! Stacy had never read any Agatha Christie, and this proved to be an excellent introduction. Ten strangers, all with a checkered past, invited to spend a vacation on an island off the coast of Devonshire. After the first one died mysteriously, some eyebrows are raised. By the time the second dies there is more of a commotion. Once the third is killed off, they realize they are all marked for murder, and not only that, but also that the psychopathic murder is not some disembodied spirit, or some stalker lurking in the shadows. He is one of them!

If you've never read any Christie, I strongly recommend this one. A good sampling! I read it a while back and I vaguely remembered who the murderer was, but couldn't remember exactly how he/she/it pulled it off. I really enjoyed reading it with that bit of insight and trying to reconstruct the solution as it unfolded. (I failed miserably.)

Ahhh. Now the challenge of finding the next selection to read. I'll have to think about it. Any suggestions welcomed!

No comments: