Sunday, August 24, 2008

Another Day, Another Ballet

Wow. Already another ballet recital? Didn't she just have one? Another semester, another recital; I think I need to get used to the rhythm. I sense its going to be a drumbeat of life for a while.

This one was special because Poppa got to come. So did Aunt Claudia and Grandma Donna and Grandma Flo (L has a couple dozen neighborhood grandmas.)
It was your typical affair, with kicks and bends and the occasional prancing from one side of the studio to the other. This time the repertoire was expanded to include tap. (At times it seemed more like a Stomp audition.) But L has enormous amounts of fun and N thoroughly enjoys watching in the wings, mimicking her every move. Yup, hands over his head, one foot on the other knee. The other day, I kid you not, I caught him lying on his back with his legs up in the air, wiggling his feet, saying "Ex, Oint, Ex, Oint,..."

I looked to Stacy and she translated. "Flex, Point, Flex, Point -- It's L's ballet exercise."

Sigh.






I have to give it up for Miss Heather, her dance teacher. She has an incredible amount of patience with the girls. L adores her.




No comments: