Thursday, September 11, 2008

Driving Lessons

I got to take L to her nursery school this morning. On the drive over I got behind another car at a traffic signal. When the light turned green the car sat at the light for a few seconds.

"Come on!" I groaned. Momentarily the car spurted and drove on.

"Daddy, why did you say 'Come on?'" L asked me.

"Because the car in front of me wouldn't move," I answered. "They must have been confused."

I dropped her off, gave her a kiss at the playground, signed her in and walked back out to the car. On a whim, I stopped and went back to the playground fence to see if I could spot her. She was oblivious to Daddy, on a tricycle on the little round cement track with a dozen other kids. One little 3-year-old in front of her seemed to have his trike wheel cocked funny and couldn't get it to move.

"Come on!" I heard floating back to me.

No comments: