Monday, October 26, 2009

You Just Can't Imagine the Smell...

We've all heard the stories about how some beach community wakes up in the morning and goes out to find that a dozen whales or dolphins have mysteriously beached themselves overnight for no discernible reason. I think something very similar has happened in Harbor City.

I wandered out of my house on Saturday morning to find my concrete driveway littered with the washed up carcasses of dozens of mermaids. Some were pastel green. Others were pastel pink. Yet others were pastel green and pastel pink and pastel yellow stripped. Most looked to be beyond saving, but two of the washed-up mermaids did seem to have some life yet in them. I trust they will adapt quickly enough to their new life on solid ground. If they miss the water badly enough I'm sure I can arrange for them to turn on the hose and help dispose of the remains of their fallen brethren.









1 comment:

EvB said...

I just heard this story on the news the other night. How horrific for so many to die and yet, amazing, to know that mermaids really do exist.