Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Catch of the Day

L's kindergarten class gets to take some pretty cool field trips. On Friday they all piled into a bus and went to the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium. This time Stacy got to go along as a Mommy-chaperone. They had some pretty fun exibits and lots of opportunities for poking around all things oceanic. L particularly enjoyed digging and sifting through the beach mud looking for shells, worms and "those crabs that live in a shell but then get too big and go live in a different shell."












Snack time.




Sifting for treasure.


My daddy-spider-senses started tingling, however, when I reviewed Stacy's pictures and noticed a rather common theme in L's choice of classmate companions. This little "J" kid seemed to be featured in an awful lot of the day's photos, and don't you think, I quizzed Stacy, that he was sitting just a little too close on the bus? And did you notice the way he was looking at her. And I certainly don't like the way she was looking at him! I'm going to need to have a talk with that boy!

OK. I'm feeling threatened by a 5-year-old. Time to get a grip.

No comments: