Monday, March 22, 2010

There She Gyoza

I'm pretty convinced love content is roughly commensurate with calorie content. Take my birthday dinner this evening, for example. I came home from work to find it smelling like heaven, rolled in dough and deep fried. I was close. Stacy was slaving away, and had been all day, making Chinese dumplings (pork and shrimp), Avocado eggrolls and a couple of special dipping sauces.





This was followed by a chocolate birthday cake-like structure that flamed threateningly and teetered at about 15ยบ from the vertical, presumably due to all the unlicensed and underaged contractors involved in its construction. Thankfully neither love nor calories must adhere to strict building codes to be effective.

Then L delivered all her hand made birthday cards:




Translation: To Daddy, From L. Open the card and see.







Unwilling to be left out of the gift giving spree, N proceeded to tear five blank sheets of paper out of his Cars® notebook and bequeath them to me. There was a lot of love infused in those cards, so I can only imagine they would have tasted delicious.

1 comment:

Leharris27 said...

Happy (belated) birthday Steve!!!!! The dinner looks YUMMY! Tell Stacy I want the recipe for those avocado egg rolls!