Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pinniped Squatters

Yesterday afternoon L began coughing. As the day drew on it grew worse until she had a nasty, hoarse, weazing cough that scared her as much as it pained her. Listening to her, Mommy suggested that she might have swallowed a seal. This seemed to resonate with L who took the idea to heart and was much less concerned. We listened to the barking all night long.

This morning the seal seemed to still be there. I looked in her mouth, but couldn't tell; I then checked her belly button and I think I saw a flipper, so we are pretty convinced it hasn't vacated yet. L and I had a lengthy discussion on whether the seal would like any morning tea. L wasn't too sure it would, but when I offered to put a little sugar in it L felt that the seal would oblige. We further discussed whether she needed to tip her head back so I could drop some raw fish down her throat, but she deemed it unnecessary. She informed me that the next time we go to the aquarium we need to go to the seal exhibit so she can spit and have the seal come out.

No comments: