Friday, May 9, 2008

Pleasing the Piano Critic

They say those who can't do, teach. I was playing the piano a bit after dinner tonight while L played on the floor of the living room beside me. I was playing a song I hadn't played in a while and it was pretty rusty. Every time I hit a wrong note (a "clunker" as Pastor Greg calls them), L would jump up and say, "No, Daddy. That's not the right one. It's down here." And then she'd go hit some random bass note, then return to her game, quite pleased with herself.


Also this evening I noticed some little black dots on N's arms. I didn't think much of it until I happened into the dining room and caught Dr. L in consultation with her patient. She had N sitting in his chair and had his arm extended. She held a black ballpoint pen against his outstretched arm and said, "This won't hurt at all." At that point she thumbed the spring-loaded button at the end of the pen giving N his ink dot "shot".

I had to pretend not to notice so that I wouldn't have to tell her to stop.

Nevertheless I probably should be looking into malpractice insurance.

No comments: