Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bedtime Betrothals

L and I had one of our disturbing philosophical discussions when I put her to bed tonight. We were originally discussing the merits of her brother N, but things took an unexpected turn down a path no Dad wants to think about.



Daddy: N's a pretty good brother, huh?
L: I love N. I'm going to marry N.
Daddy: I don't think you want to do that. You want to marry someone who isn't your brother.
L: Like John [E., a friend from church]?
Daddy: Yes, I suppose you could marry John.
L: If I marry John, then I can come over sometimes with Aunt Karla [her would-be mother-in-law].
Daddy: That would be a benefit, yes.
L: I love you Daddy. Maybe you can come to my wedding?
Daddy: I'll make it a point to be there, now let's change the subject.

(I guess the signs were there [Click Here], and I should have seen this coming.)

No comments: