Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Gee Whiz!

I got home from painting class tonight to find an unexpected box from Amazon sitting on the dinning room table. I opened it to find my very own copy of Infinite Jest, the 1000 page book I foolishly decided to attempt to read in the two weeks the L.A. library was willing to lend it to me. I've been having anxiety attacks for the last three days, stewing over how to accomplish the Herculean task.

What brings such an honor to my doorstep? It appears that L and N's adopted Grandma Gee in Olympia felt it important to keep me well-stocked in literature:
A book worth reading is a book worth owning! And reading at your leisure! If it's not worth keeping, you can always donate it to the local library.     Gee :)

Thank you, Gee! You're the infinite best!

No comments: