Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Seattle Stow-aways


We had a rare treat this week. Brett and Jen, the couple that first introduced Stacy and I, came into town and stayed with us for a couple of days. They live in Olympia, Washington and the last time we got to see them was a year ago when we met in Northern California for Thanksgiving with Jen's family.

Brett and Jen have three beautiful girls who instantly inducted our L into their triumvirate of silliness and made it a quadumvirate, or something like that. N was subjected to every humiliating girl game the older kids could inflict on him; the only trouble was that he seemed neither humiliated nor subjugated, but rather appeared to go along with the dress-ups and doll parties quite willingly.

My work schedule was particularly heinous this week, so I didn't get to spend the time with them that I wanted, but Stacy and Jen and the kids got to hang quite a bit. On Monday Auntie Jen and the girls joined L and N at their Mommy & Me class where they made, no doubt, historically accurate Native American headdresses and other period Thanksgiving paraphernalia, faithful to their ancient predecessors down to the last construction paper feather and headband staple. Just like Pocahontas would have pasted!

The highlight of the visit, however, was yesterday's afternoon at the beach. I post these pictures not only to document the excursion, but also to irritate my good buddy Jeff, because he complains vociferously about miserable Pennsylvania winters, yet can't quite see the value in visiting his friends in warmer climes... (And also because I know if he could, he would make fun of me because my son's favorite color is pink.)













No comments: