Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgroaning

It's official. N is bidirectional. I went to give him a kiss goodbye this morning on my way out the door and was greeted with the polar opposite of last weekend's festivities. With skills that forewarn of a career as either an expert sharp shooter or operatic virtuoso, he managed to plaster my shirt and pants and leave lots of pleasantries on our newly replaced bedroom carpet. Maybe the beach yesterday wasn't such a great idea.

Stacy dutifully made all the phone calls this morning: Run away! Our house is radioactive, she warned - we would make a Geiger counter sound like a techno-band's percussion section. As of last night our Thanksgiving plans had included hosting 16 - our own family(4), two families from church(6 and 3), Stacy's parents(2), and potentially a friend of Stacy's Dad(1). The roster is now down to our family alone(4), with Stacy's folks asking for hourly status updates before they'll commit to a decision.

(Trust me -- We in no way blame folks for deciding to sit this one out. I assure you we would have done exactly that were the roles reversed! It would be extremely hard to enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner when you're not sure what is and isn't gravy...)

I'm exponentially bummed, as Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite holiday and I was very much looking forward to hanging out with our church friends. But the bright side of all of this is that tomorrow we get about 5 lbs of turkey and 3 lbs of sweet potatoes each!

1 comment:

Kim said...

"It would be extremely hard to enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner when you're not sure what is and isn't gravy...)"

Ewwww Cous. That was truly gross!

Kidding aside, I hope that you all have a nice holiday and that poor little N feels better soon.
Hugs, Kim